Helpful Tips for Cleaning AluminiumJuly 13, 2016
Aluminium is one of the most popular materials for doors and window frames today. Often preferred, rather than wood and iron, for it will not corrode, rust, it is lightweight, and yet strong. However, it does get dirty with dust, dirt and grime, just like any other surface. Cleaning this type of non-corrosive metal is actually not difficult as it may seem, unless there are stains or blemishes that develop.
In that case, a professional cleaning company may be needed to remove stains. Although, for those who wish to take on the job of cleaning these themselves, there are some things to consider first.
Steps to Cleaning Aluminium Doors and Windows
No matter what type of this metal product you are cleaning, the basic rule is to start from the top and then work your way to the bottom. The reason is simple, once you get started gravity will pull dirt and water down as you clean. If you have a hose available around the house, you can wash off much of the dirt and dust on your doors and windows first, before you bring to bear the sponge and soap suds.
While the cleaning process is easier for outdoors, indoors you will need much more precision, without making a mess. Only a damp cloth should work fine indoors to remove dust from the surface of your windows and doors. Because this metal is non-corrosive and rust-proof, it is easy to clean off even dried on dirt and grime, although, when stains and blemishes appear, you can use any basic detergent and basic scrub pad, along with old-fashioned elbow grease to remove them.
If there are stubborn stains, and you can't remove these easily, there are many special cleaners available in the market you can buy that 'may' do the trick.
When to Call in Professionals
If you run across any hard to remove stains and grime, and a soft kitchen scrub pad can't remove it, avoid using steel wool or metal scrubber as these can scratch and scribe your aluminium's shine. Instead, it is always advisable to call in the experts, so as not to cause any damage to the metal's surface, especially in the case of discolouration and oxidization. While cleaning your windows frames and doors, inside and out, any damage should be noted and repaired, or replaced when necessary.
Hiring professional services from Austral Aluminium Windows and Doors, to inspect your home's window and doors can determine if any damage needs to be repaired or just properly polished to look like new. For more information various types of residential windows and doors, please contact here at Austral, we encourage inquiries and can help you choose the best options for your home.
Austral Aluminium Products
4/1497 Sydney Road, Campbellfield
P: (03) 9357 4177
F: (03) 9357 4155
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Aluminium Stacker Doors: A Wise Door Choice for Patios
- Choose High-Quality Aluminium and Glass for Replacement of Windows and Doors
- Sustainability of Aluminium Frames for Windows and Doors
- Aluminium Double Hung Windows: Why is it a Great Choice for your Home?
- Benefits of Double Glazed Aluminium Windows and Doors
- Why Aluminium and Glass Should Go Together In Quality and Durability for Windows and Doors
- The Lightweight and Rust-Proof Advantage of Aluminium
- Can You Paint Aluminium Windows?
- How to Fix Common Problems with Aluminium Windows and Doors
- Helpful Tips for Cleaning Aluminium
- Aluminium Doors and Windows for a Perfect Balcony
- Insulating Windows Using Aluminium
- Aluminium Stacker Doors: Why Are These Doors a Good Choice for Your Home?
- What Makes Aluminium Doors and Windows A Practical Choice for Your Home?
- Aluminium French Doors Adds to Your Home's Appeal and Ambiance
- Benefits of Aluminium Casement Windows
- Benefits of Bi-fold Aluminium Doors for Your Home
- A Buyer's Guide to Aluminium Windows and Doors (Choosing the Best Supplier)
- Aluminium Windows and Doors Supplier
- Where Can I Purchase High Quality Aluminium Windows and Doors?